Get Help with Windows Media Player in Windows 10 64bit/32bit also for Windows 8/8.1/7 & Mac OS X. You know, Windows Media Player is available for Windows-based devices. Check table below to find the right version of the Player for your system or device. If you’ve got a Mac, you can download Windows Media Components for QuickTime to play Windows Media files.
|Operating system/browser||Player version||How to get it|
|ramen 10||Windows Media Player 12
|Included in clean installs of Windows 10 as well as upgrades to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 or Windows 7. In some editions of Windows 10, it’s included as an optional feature that you can enable. To do that, selecteer de Begin knop, selecteer instellingen > Apps > Apps & features > Manage optional features > Add a feature > Windows Media Player > kiezen Installeren.|
|ramen 8.1||Windows Media Player 12
|Included in Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 Pro, but doesn’t include DVD playback. Go to the DVD playback for Windows page to find out how to add DVD playback to Windows 8.1. For Windows Media Player 12 voor ramen 8.1 N and KN editions, Media Feature Pack is available.|
|Windows RT 8.1||N/A||Windows Media Player isn’t available for Windows RT 8.1.|
|ramen 7||Windows Media Player 12
|Included in Windows 7 Starter, Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions. For Windows 7 N or KN editions, Media Feature Pack is available.|
|Mac OS X||Windows Media Components for QuickTime||Get it now|
If you want to reinstall Windows Media Player, try the following:
- Click the Begin knop > type features > Turn Windows features on or off.
- Scroll down > expand Media Features > clear the Windows Media Player selectievakje > OK.
- Restart your device. Windows Media Player should be uninstalled.
- Repeat step 1.
- Scroll down and expand Media Features > selecteer de Windows Media Player selectievakje > OK.
- Restart your device. Windows Media player should now be reinstalled.
Notitie: If you have an edition of Windows that doesn’t play DVDs and you want to play DVDs in Windows, go to Microsoft Store to buy Windows DVD Player or another app that plays DVDs.
How to Play CD or DVD with Windows Media Player
- Insert the disc you want to play into the drive.
Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it doesn’t play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, en dan, in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane.
- If you inserted a DVD, select a DVD title or chapter name.
- Selecteer de Begin button then type system restore.
- kiezen Create a restore point then in the System Properties pane, kiezen System Restore.
- Follow the prompts to select the restore point just before the round of updates that seemed to trigger the problem. Then run the system restore process. (This takes a while.)
- After your system is restored to the earlier configuration, check to see whether Windows Media Player runs correctly again.
How to Troubleshoot Video Playback Windows 10
- druk op Windows-toets + ik > Bijwerken & Veiligheid.
- Problemen > Video Playback > Voer de probleemoplosser.