Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10 like What’s Changed in File Explorer Windows 10, Customize File Explorer, Searching File Explorer, Fix Explorer.exe Application Error in Windows 10 & Change Folder/File Color in Windows 10.
1. What’s Changed in File Explorer Windows 10
Many of change in Windows 10, File Explorer in Windows 10 now has gotten better. So, to check it out in Windows 10, select File Explorer icon on the taskbar or the Start menu, or press the Windows logo key + E on your keyboard.
You need to know some noteworthy changes for Windows 10:
- OneDrive is now part of File Explorer.
- When File Explorer opens, you’ll land in Quick access. So, your frequently used folders and recently used files are listed there, so you won’t have to dig through a series of folders to find them. Pin your favorite folders to Quick access to keep them close at hand.
- You can use apps to share files and photos right from File Explorer. Select the files you want to share, go to the Share tab, select the Share button, and then choose an app.
See also: Where are My Favorites Windows 10
2. How to Customize File Explorer in Windows 10
The File Explorer program, formerly known as Windows Explorer and has been given a noticeable overhaul in Windows 10. Now you can see new tools to acclimated like the basic layout and functionality. Here’s a quick guide on some of the finer points How to Customize File Explorer in Windows 10.
In File Explorer Windows 10, You can Customize Pin to Quick Access, Remove Pin to Quick Access, Show Only Pinned Folders and Open to This PC. The Quick Access area, which by default is the first section of the Navigation Pane in the left-hand column, is essentially a “Bookmarks” bar for File Explorer. It shows both your most recently-accessed folders and “pinned” folders, folders that you manually assign to this area to quickly get to from any folder in Windows. You can do this with any folder in Windows: just right-click or long-press any folder on any screen, then click “Pin to Quick access“.
OneDrive Windows 10
OneDrive Works in Windows 10, Microsoft’s cloud storage service, gets a dedicated folder beneath the Quick Access area. Other folders on your computer are available in a tree view below OneDrive.
You can Use an App to Share, Use OneDrive, Send an Email and Share Over a Network or On a Shared PC.
Useful Keyboard Shortcuts
There are dozens of keyboard shortcuts that are available in File Explorer, but here are some of the most useful:
- Windows key + E – open a new instance of File Explorer from anywhere in Windows.
- Alt + P – show or hide the Preview pane.
- Alt + Shift + P – show or hide the Details pane.
- Alt + left arrow key – go back one folder in your history.
- Alt + up arrow key – go up one folder in the folder tree.
- Ctrl + N – open a new File Explorer window.
- Ctrl + E – activate the Search bar.
- Ctrl + Shift + N – create a new folder in the current folder.
- Ctrl + mouse wheel up or down – increase or decrease the size of icons and thumbnails.
Note: Many of change in Windows 10, File Explorer in Windows 10 now has gotten better. So, to check it out in Windows 10, select File Explorer icon on the taskbar or the Start menu, or press the Windows logo key + E on your keyboard.
3. Searching File Explorer in Windows 10
The Search File Explorer in Windows 10 is especially useful if you have dozens or even hundreds of files in a given folder. Only typing in the Search bar and matching results will be shown by file types, like Word documents, will also be displayed if your search query matches. But If you’re not sure where exactly one of your search results is located, right-click it and select “Open file location” to instantly open the relevant folder.
If you clicking the search bar will open the Search Tools portion of the Ribbon interface but usually hidden. So you can limit your search to the current folder, search for files or folders modified on a specific date, search by file size or file type, and save specific searches for access later.
Searching File Explorer in Windows 10 with Cortana
Quick way to get files in your Windows 10 PC is by using Cortana’s search feature. Why? with Cortana you can use File Explorer and go browse through multiple folders to searching will be faster. Cortana can search your PC and the web from the taskbar to find help, apps, files, and settings. OK let’s follow steps in below.
- Select the search box on the taskbar, and type what you’re looking for. But you can also tap or click the microphone icon if you’d rather say it.
- After you enter a search term, tap or click My stuff to find results for files, apps, settings, photos, videos, and music across your PC and even OneDrive.
- After showing the result, you can choose Best Match, Fine result in Apps, Settings, Document, Photos, Music and Web.
The search results are listed within Cortana above the Taskbar. Tap or click the photo, document, or file to open it in its corresponding app.
Note: Cortana is only available in certain countries/regions, and some Cortana features might not be available everywhere.
4. Fix: Explorer.exe Application Error in Windows 10
Explorer.exe Application Error in Windows 10 usually while shutting down computer then you will get error message saying The instruction at 0x00007FFF64B0CCC0 referenced memory at 0x000000000000000. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program. Don’t worry, this isn’t a critical issue, so let’s see how to Fix Explorer.exe Application Error Windows 10 below.
Change the size of virtual memory
- Open File Explorer. (Windows key + E).
- Right click on This PC > Properties > Advanced System Settings.
- In Performance Options click Change.
- Uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all drives then select the Custom size option.
- Enter the Maximum size in MB. Good practice is to keep the virtual memory x1.5 larger than your RAM memory.
- Click Set then OK.
Run Registry Editor
- Press Windows key + R > type regedit > OK.
- Yes on User Account Control.
- Expand folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell.
- Delete the entire BagMRU and Bags folder.
- Open File Explorer again.
5. Change Folder/File Color in Windows 10
Now I will share How to Change Folder/File Color in Windows 10 without overloading system. Why? Because there are many benefits that you can get by changing the color of the folder. For example you can mark an important folder in red or if it is a working folder, you can mark it in green for the finished work done. There are still many other uses that you can get by coloring folders, and the same is true for coloring files in Windows 10.
Steps How to Change Folder / File Color in Windows 10:
- Download Folder Marker & File Marker.
- Install in your PC/Windows.
- To change the color of the folder, you just right click the folder > Mark Folder > color > select the desired color.
Not only can change the color of folders, you can also provide some statuses like High Priority, Normal Priority, etc. The same thing you can do to the file icon. Just right click the file you want > Mark File > select the color or status sign you want.
Note: To restore folder / file as before, you just select Restore defaults option.
That’s How to Change Folder / File Color in Windows 10 easily. Actually what this software does is to change the icon only in accordance with the color configuration or status you set. So you do not have to worry, because this way does not burden the system performance at all.
OK, that’s all How to Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10, then if you want other helps about File Explorer Windows 10, you can comment in box.